Friday, April 08, 2005

Pink Boas

They’re back! The oriental cherry trees are once again in bloom. For me this marks the real beginning of spring – anything else up to this point is just a tease. My friend Sharon at meditation on Wednesday said that she had dropped her work in the middle of the day to ride her bicycle down to the Tidal Basis that day to see the cherry trees in bloom. Probably a good idea because they will soon be gone.

I hadn’t thought any more about making a trip down there to see the annual spectacle. But then as I was trying desperately to get to my pilates class yesterday afternoon, I found the traffic totally bogged down at guess where? – the Tidal Basin. This was one time that I didn’t mind moving at a snail’s pace. It was like driving through a pink cloud. It was almost as though Washington was dressed in a myriad of pink boas. Even though it was a gray day and there was a slight drizzle, the beauty of this sea of pink was enchanting.

I was a little late to pilates, but it was well worth it to be able to luxuriate in the color of spring that never lasts long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home