Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The New Office Pics

I neglected to show you the "tiki hut" exterior of our new building, created by pieces of wood mounted externally over all the windows -- why??? You can see for yourself if you venture out to Suitland. The new buildings will be obvious from the intersection of Suitland Road and Silver Hill Road.
It would take a "before" picture to make you appreciate the "after", which looks just like any other office space. Not everyone has Guatemalan toucans flying over their desk though!
Here's my precious mobile of dancers (made by my artistic daughter in the 7th grade). This definitely distinguishes my office from all the others.
One of the "dancers" taking a flying leap in front of the glass that forms the front wall of my office and overlooks the printer that doesn't yet work.

An office tour would not be complete without an introduction to the green that I had described as "lime green." Someone corrected me yesterday and called it "grasshopper green." Whatever it is, you can't escape it. The gray 1/8" carpeting is probably the ugliest I have ever seen. But it comes in squares that can be replaced if needed.

There really are people working here. In an effort to protect people's privacy, I just didn't show you the worker bees.

7 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Or government green! Boy Howdie, put your sunglasses on!

12:46 PM  
Blogger wharman said...

I love the mobile!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Our office move from DC to Crystal City was initially to take place in early September. An update indicated it would take place over Columbus Day weekend. Update #2 informed us the move would come mid-November. What I call the penultimate update states the weekend of December 8. The office holiday party is the night of the 8th so instructions were given that employees could leave work early that day.

At this rate I will retire before we move and it will all be moot for me.

:-)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

OL -- Government green has always been rather pale and sickly. So this would be a new definition of that color!

Wendy -- The mobile is a constant reminder that I have a life and family outside this office!

Kate -- Maybe you should just hope you can coast on out of there before the movers arrive. It would make things so much simpler.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Don't I know it! We could call it Gripping Government Green.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Like most other commentators ... ooh! That is green!

The interior of my office (sorry not allowed to take pictures) is a combination of gray shades and a something similar to dark khaki. The dark khaki walls have organic curvature to them (i.e. they are curved instead of straight and square).

1:42 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Richard -- Gray and dark khaki would be a pleasant change! I think there was a reason for the 30-year popularity of government green.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home