Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Does Mousse Matter?


Since my daughter, who knows everything about hair, told me several years ago that I just had to start using “hair products” to control all those flyaway strands, I have faithfully moussed. But I secretly wondered if it really made any difference.

I refuse to fly with things like mousse packed in my checked suitcase for fear they might explode at high altitudes. So when my husband went shopping after we arrived at the beach, mousse was on his list -- just a small, cheap one, any brand. When we departed I left my no-name mousse behind, thinking I would be home the next time I washed my hair.

That was before we sat on the runway in Tallahassee for 3 hours yesterday missing our connecting flight home. The Memphis Holiday Inn our voucher paid for was not the kind of place to provide mousse, so I went mouseless today.

As I just surveyed my hair in the NWA lavatory mirror, I confirmed that my daughter was indeed right. My hair is clean and soft, but it is also limp and out of control.

The good hair news is my discovery of a new shampoo I love. Axis sells Bumble & Bumble and Kerastase. I had tried B&B since the whole world seems to love it, but it didn’t work for my hair. However, the other day when I got my hair cut, I bought travel size containers of Kerastase shampoo and conditioner. It smells and feels divine and leaves my hair feeling healthy.

Hair continues to be a challenge, but I’m learning about all those products – the ones that work and the ones that don’t and the ones I just can’t do without.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I have to admit that I don't really use hair product but I will spend a lot on shampoo. I'm a Biolage girl, but I've heard great things about Kerastase.

4:32 PM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

I have recently discovered "products" lots of them. And my thick, horsehair textured, kind of wavy, often frizzy hair has never looked better.
So it takes me 45 minutes to dry it (it's that thick).....beauty is painful.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know pretty much everything there is to know about beauty and hair products (even though I don't use many)...
For anyone with curly long, thick hair: Kerastase Oleo Relax Elixir is heaven sent for a blow out. And when wearing your hair curly, Paul Mitchel Super Clean Sculpting Gel is the best I have ever used. And never blow dry curly hair...At least not hair that is naturally full.
:)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I envy all you girls with curls. My hair is poker straight. It's good hair, but it has to be convinced to bend a little. I would love to be the subject of a makeover. Anyone want to take on that project?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I love hair products! Currently I use all the B&B curly products, but I like to switch around, try different things. Blue Mercury is a great place to shop - they offer samples off all kinds of products.

I am pro-product, and I vote!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home