Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The final chapter of the big bad black truck incident


After leaving Yom Kippur services yesterday, I turned on my iPhone to find out I had a return report on the big bad black truck license plate. So after having recently cast aside obsessing forever, I opened the message to learn about the driver’s identity.

The most amazing thing was that we had obviously gotten the make of the truck right, thanks to the eagle eye of my husband passenger. We are both now quite well schooled in the variations of 4 x 4 trucks.

The driver and his wife live within 2 miles of our house in an apartment. I was actually quite relieved to see their name was not at all ethnic, but rather a “vanilla” American name that anyone could have.

I know more than I ever wanted to know about the history of their 2001 Dodge truck.

So now what? I’m not about to go looking for them to leave them an anonymous note or slash their tires.

My friend M, who is pretty smart about many things and who didn’t label me as CRAZY the way some people near and dear to me did, suggested that I look for a site where one can report road rage. This appears to be just such a site. I don’t plan to reveal their identity, but merely to report what I personally observed last week.

So later today I’ll log on and purge my brain of this incident so I can move on and hopefully fill it with more pleasant, positive thoughts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I`m glad of this good outcome, Barbara. Both ways - that you came to a conclusion of your search, and also that you made your peace with it. No, you are not crazy! One of the worst feelings to have is seemingly being powerless when having to deal with violence or injustice. So I can well understand that you tried to get hold of the mad driver, even if only to KNOW. But it shows your generosity of mind NOT to go and cut his tyres, chuckle! Blessings to you!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Angela -- I can't say some evil thoughts didn't at least cross my mind...

8:46 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

I say, now that you've found them, you go stick a potato up their tailpipe.
Hi Barbara!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What was the line from the other day? I don’t want to waste my soul on this any more?

Whatever the resolution, I hope you find peace.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad for the resolution of all this, Barbara. I've been in your shoes and know how awful it can feel to want to pursue the thread. How appropriate that you received your report AFTER you'd let go of the obsessive feelings! I'm glad you have something constructive to DO with your info.

F.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let it go, this is not good for you. Just move on,I would not even waste my energy.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home