Friday, April 02, 2010

Mystery Bug


I woke up feeling like an aching bag of bones with a scratchy throat.  My plan was to volunteer in the office at Temple Micah this morning.  But instead I crawled back into bed and pulled the covers over my head.

For the past couple of days I have felt uncharacteristically depressed and almost tearful sometimes.  I chalked this up to my current unexciting life with no plans for a major vacation and not a lot currently on my agenda.

I suppose those down feelings were just the beginnings of this mystery bug of mine.  So now there is this period where I don’t know what I have or where it’s going.  Is it a cold?  Spring allergies brought on by the rain of pollen?  A virus? 

Do I take Aleve?  Gargle with salt water?  Take another nap?

I would almost prefer to get a message at the beginning of such an illness:  You have a cold.  It will take 7 days to go away -- no more and no less.  Then at least I would know what I was in for.

But instead I’m left to wonder what direction this mystery illness will take.  It seems somewhat unfair to have to look at the beautiful spring day from the inside when part of me would much rather be out there viewing the cherry blossoms from a bike path.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry the malaise has progressed into feeling so crummy! Whatever the cause, it seems that your body/mind/spirit felt it coming and is asking for recuperation. Spring will still be waiting for you, don't worry!

F.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Wouldn't some sort of notification be wonderful?! I'd like to plan around my down days as much as possible, but the universe doesn't seem so inclined.

There will be more beautiful days. In the meantime, take care of yourself!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

That the blahs/blues are so often physical in origin was such a great discovery for me. Even though it means you are sick, it also means the depression is only temporary. Hope you feel better soon.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

It would be nice to have a diagnosis at the onset wouldn't it. Hope you are feeling better soon. xoxo

9:29 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Maybe it's time to plan the next getaway? Sometimes the anticipation is the best part!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home