Friday, November 12, 2010

Checking In


You might be wondering what I'm doing with all my new-found time since I am no longer hovering over my computer every day.  I'm busy with a lot of activities I love, like meeting friends for lunch and dinner, and some which are not so exciting like making dog biscuits for sale.


I recently saw small bags of dog biscuits at Northside Coffee and Wine for $3 each.  I figured mine were just as doggy-delicious, so that's how I priced them for the Temple Micah Hanukkah Fair this Sunday.  I hope dog-lovers buy them up, netting the temple around $80.


Jake has decided he wants to be with me constantly,  even on routine errands.  Yesterday he managed to get into the front seat of the old Volvo instead of the back and had a hard time getting turned around.

Today I'm off to a music lesson with Anadel, a shared lunch of shrimp salad which I'm bringing, and then an afternoon at the National Gallery looking at the vegetable-faces of Giuseppe Arcimboldo.

Saturday I'm excited about a workshop on Zen Farm which focuses on the special bonds between women.  There will be breakfast, yoga, breathing exercises, and friendship meditations.  Hopefully this will give me a better way to relate to my women friends.

Sunday I am off to San Francisco, mostly to hang out with my son, but also to drink in the beauty of that city and see a very good friend.  Life is good and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

Having fun is what it's all about - and it sounds like you're having it!

I need to get away from my computer too. I spend way too much time on it.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo of Jake -- how sweet! I'm such a softie; I love it when my partner's dog (who's really partly mine, I guess, or should I say we're each other's...) pads around after me and sleeps denned up against my side of the bed.

I'm glad your days are feeling full and good. Blessings indeed.

F.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Great idea with the sale, Barbara. I hope it pans (and pays) out, that you raise money for the temple and that you have a great time on the West Coast with your son.

7:03 PM  
Blogger e said...

Have a wonderful time! I would love to hear more about that workshop as I seem to have lost the ability to cultivate friends these days.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home