Thursday, December 30, 2010

Glee Deprivation



We managed to miss episode 11 of Glee when it aired on Tuesday night.  I figured within 24 hours it would be available on Hulu or on Fox.  But not yet.  I can’t figure out why they don’t post it immediately with all the money they are getting from people like the Kit-Kat candy makers.  My plan for today’s workout has been hijacked by the absence of this show I wanted to watch.
I found it on Pinoytutorial Lifebytes for FREE.  But my husband is dead set against using this video source because you have to give a third party your identifying information and he claims what they are doing is illegal.  I’m not nearly so worried, but I suppose waiting a few more days for a show is better than getting arrested.
I spent the last few days reading Steve Martin’s new book An Object of Beauty while I pedaled away on the Cybex.  I never thought I could keep up any sort of pace while reading, but the book was quite compelling and I worked up a sweat.  
The sky’s the limit in terms of what I can watch/read on my iPad, but today I really just wanted to see the latest episode of Glee.  Did I ever think I would be begging for TV?  Or riding an exercise bike miles every day?  Not in my wildest dreams. 

8 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Barbara,

I don't think there has been a new episode of Glee since the Christmas ep a few weeks ago. I DVR the show and they are all reruns. So don't sweat it.

BTW, I am sending you a little Glee today. Happy New Year!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Gary -- Then I am confused about episode 11, which does appear to be available "illegally". I will anxiously await my package -- thanks so much in advance!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I don't understand that either. It looks like there have been 10 episodes this season with number 11 not airing until February 6th. Of course, I could be wrong but if you saw the Christmas episode (with Sue as the Grinch) that was the last new one that aired.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lead a Glee-free life, but last night while on the elliptical I was gleefully blasting old funk and Earth, Wind, & Fire tunes...definitely had me working harder!

Happy New Year to you and all your readers!

XO,

F.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Gary -- I now understand that 2 season 1 reruns (Ballad and Mattress) were shown on Tuesday night. I will be sure to tune into episode 11 on February 6!

Anon -- It's amazing how a good beat or exciting words can make exercise so much more enjoyable.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

The best combination for me back when I used to do huge amounts of time on the Lifecycle was to read while listening to energetic instrumental music - usually either funk or jazz or salsa. The beat propels you forward, making it fun to work harder, and the lack of singing makes it easier to concentrate on what you are reading.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

I had never seen an episode of Glee (mainly my TV is just for watching movies) but my DIL got the first season on DVD for Christmas and we stayed up to watch it over a couple of nights while I was visiting. I haven't enjoyed a TV show as much since the days of MASH and Seinfeld!

I have a small stair-stepper for days when I can't get out to walk and I hop on it those rainy nights I force myself to watch the evening news. It helps keeps my blood pressure at a normal level while my frustration mounts at the world's silliness ;)

Happy New Year to you!

6:45 AM  
Blogger e said...

I just wanted to wish you, David and the readers here a wonderful New Year.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home