Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Haircut and Some Big Blooms

I raced from services at Temple Micah to get to a 12:30 appointment at Axis for a haircut with Richard. For 15 minutes I drove around the Dupont area looking for any sort of a legal parking place. The best I could do was a 30-minute space a block away. Knowing my haircut would definitely take longer than 30 minutes, I wondered just how vigilant the traffic police were on a Saturday.

I had never seen Axis in such pandemonium. Richard was downstairs instead of up. He immediately apologized for not even having a chair immediately available. I told him my parking woes.

Halfway through my haircut, Richard offered to have someone go feed my meter. Absolutely unheard of! But why not? I gave an enthusiastic young woman my 3 quarters and described the old Volvo, knowing she would come back with a smile on her face after seeing it, which she did. She reported I had 23 more minutes, plenty of time.

I settled back and enjoyed the rest of my haircut as people came and went all around me and someone reminded Richard his next client had arrived.

Note to self: Never schedule a hair appointment on Saturday. Any weekday is definitely calmer and there is always a legal parking place somewhere around there.

On another note, my beautiful amaryllis of 2-1/2 years ago when I broke my hip suddenly shot up a volley of luscious coral-colored blooms. It’s a shame they come but once a year and last such a short time. But well worth waiting for!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Look at those blossoms! Well worth waiting for -

I was thinking I'd see a photo of the haircut...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- I will include a picture of my haircut when I finally decide to do something radical! For now, it's pretty much the same old haircut I always get.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home