Thursday, June 02, 2011

In Search of Stay-put Socks


I’ve always hated that feeling of my sock creeping down into my shoe. Some socks just seem prone to do that.

Like the pair of footies I’m wearing today. I bought them at Nordstrom’s so I could wear closed-toe shoes in warm weather without regular socks and without having my feet sweat all over the inside of my shoes.

Unfortunately I keep having to fish out the footies that are bunched up under the instep of my feet. That not only feels bad, but it defeats the purpose. It seems the little non-slip thing at the back of each footie doesn’t do a bit of good.

I just Googled to find out what’s available out there, to see if anyone had come up with a non-slip solution that works. I happened onto the Shanghai-based company Alibaba.com, which offers footies in a minimum order of 3,000. I don’t think I will be investing that heavily in any sort of footwear.

Has anyone out there solved what should be a relatively easy problem?

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Grant said...

Nope, haven't solved it and it is also one of my pet irritations. Let me know if you find the perfect sock and I will do the same for you!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Yeah, I can't help here either. Slippage is just a fact of life, I think!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

What about a piece of invisible thread around your ankle to hold up the footie? Would that cut off your circulation? :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Maybe someone should invent socks with several small dots of non-slip material on the inside of the socks. They could have a dual function as pressure point relievers!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndy, like yoga socks! Fun thought.

F.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I picked up a pr at Winners. They work great. Unfortuntely I didn't keep brand name. They have rubberized thin lining in heel. Stay put so I'm looking for more.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home