Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Going Solo

No, I am not in Austria.  This would be Vienna, Virginia.  It was a great day for a bike ride.

I keep trying to entice people to go on slow rides with me, but I finally just launched off on my own today because it was a perfect fall day.  I got on the W&OD (Washington and Old Dominion) Trail in Dunn Loring and road out past Vienna for a total of about 10 miles.

It's not terribly hilly and the bike path is wide and well maintained.  Given it is a workday for most people, the path was not at all crowded.  There were a few walkers and a few more bikers, but not a lot of little kids or crazy dogs.

I reaffirmed that I love my bike.  I'm sure it would like to go much faster, but my speed will never be fast.

I hope the mild fall weather continues and I can get in a few more rides like this one before the cold weather comes again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

Sounds like a great ride, and it looks like you had maybe a touch of fall color along the way...? Bravo for going alone. If I'd waited to recruit others, I'd have missed out on a lot of things in life!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Sounds like great fun!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home