Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Sparring with Steve

I seem constantly to be snapping at a particular person in meetings. He snaps back and then we both look like children. I don’t do this with anyone else – just Steve. But he continues to make me see bright shades of red and mouth off accordingly. It’s often over ridiculous things, but it happens nonetheless. As my energy level and feeling of being powerful rises, so do these sparring matches.

I finally resolved after sitting through a steamy meeting this morning to try to deal with this. I sent him an e-mail messages suggesting that we take our differences “offline”, as opposed to looking like fools in front of a bunch of people. I have yet to hear his response. Maybe he likes fighting with me! Some people feed on conflict. Personally I prefer lunch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home