Monday, April 11, 2005

Turning Up the Heat

Until I reached menopause, I had spent my whole life being cold. But with all those hormone changes, my thermostat also seemed to change. I still occasionally have cold feet in the winter, but I tend to run more hot that cold these days. In fact I can no longer bear to wear woolen clothing – it is just too warm!

This is most evident in the middle of the night. My hot flashes don’t cause me to break out in a sweat, but just to be so hot that I must throw off the sheet and all the covers. Usually my body slowly cools off and I add back a layer at a time and then finally drift back to sleep. I always wonder what is actually going on internally to cause this weird sensation of heat, even in the depths of winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home