Thursday, November 10, 2005

BLOG Inspiration

How and when do you do decide what to write? I find that my most creative moments are between 2:00 and 4:00 AM. I wake up with these great ideas that would sound brilliant if I wrote them down. But I often forget them by the next day. Occasionally I just have to get up and write, especially if it is a troubling dream.

I would love to be clever like Goldpoppy or creative like WashingtonCube. But instead a recent new reader described my BLOG as “thoughtful.” To me thoughtful translates into honest, sincere, grammatically correct, and BORING! Are cleverness and creativity things that we can learn or are we born with a writing style?

I want to understand what it is that unlocks my brain in the middle of the night, that allows the words to flow so fast that I can hardly keep up with them in my thoughts. Why is it that during the sunlight hours I have long pauses when I write? I write and delete and rewrite? What is it about somnambulance that unleashes my creative juices?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home