Monday, January 16, 2006

The Latest in Kitchen Fashion

I always wondered how my dental hygienist Cindy could so casually don a pair of latex gloves when I lay back on the dental chair to get my teeth cleaned. She just puts them on without thinking and goes to work scraping and probing and polishing my teeth.

I think I’m starting to get it. As I walk into my kitchen these days, I grab a pair of latex gloves out of the open box and throw them on without thinking that I’m dirty or germy or radioactive or anything at all – it’s just something as common as putting on an apron – it’s just what I wear in the kitchen to make my tea or heat up my soup or check out what leftovers exist in the refrigerator.

I’ve got the drill down pat. When I’m done, I simply open the trash can drawer with a gloved hand, pull off the gloves and drop them in, then shove the drawer shut with my covered knee. Simple as pie and becoming such a habit. Repetition is a powerful teacher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home