Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wanted: Hair Doctor


My hair has gone from being my best feature to being this limp mop on my head. I pamper it with expensive products and take care not to blow dry it too hot, but it’s just lost its pizazz. I wish someone could tell me how to fix it.

I’ve thought of several possible reasons for this transformation from chic to shaggy:

– The radioactive iodine treatment I had earlier in the year.
– An overdose of harsh coloring chemicals.
– The wrong products.
– Washing it too often.
– Blow-drying it incorrectly.

I made an appointment at an upscale salon with someone who has a good reputation. Maybe he will be my Hair Doctor and give me an Rx to bring it back to health. I hope so because I miss my good hair!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Well, you've read my "Harpo Hair Nightmare" story/post so you can know that mine is far worse! It was never my best feature and I still struggle. I've concluded that the lowest maintenance is best, which for me, is shoulder length, mostly worn up in funky clips or ponytails. Pretty lame but I still kind of like the look. I do get it highlighted and that improves the sun-kissed look ans well as cover any gray..and it gives my fine hair a little more body.

I'm sure they can revive your best feature! Enjoy getting a new look!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

It's funny - you've written about hair as did Reya. I've been thinking about it because I chopped mine. I also visited an aunt going through chemo, no hair at all. Guess it's a hot topic these days.

I've taken folic acid to help repair my hair and well-bitten nails. I don't know if it actually does anything but it's a decent placebo. My hair grows fast.

I hope you enjoy the pampering at the salon and are pleased with the results!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Love the graphic! That's a perfect image of my mind when it comes to my hair, though I'm lovin' my hair right at the moment.

BTW I don't think your hair looks limp or icky - I think you have great hair...my two cents.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home