Friday, July 14, 2006

My Hair Guru

As I sat back to wait for the color to “take” in my hair today, I came to an important realization. My eyes were not burning from the fumes of the chemical product and I hadn’t smelled any obnoxious odors as Richard had done my partial highlights. This was my first experience masking the gray in an upscale Dupont salon.

When I came in for a trim and a consultation a few weeks ago, he suggested adding a variety of color so that my hair wasn’t so boring. So that’s exactly what he did today, laboriously applying three different shades and wrapping the hair in what seemed like hundreds of little foil packets. I hoped I wouldn’t come out looking like some striped animal.

It’s hard to tell about color when your hair is wet after being shampooed. But as he started to blow dry it, I could tell that he had worked magic with my hair. It actually looks more like it did when I was a teenager than it has in years. People always commented back then about how my hair was actually so many different colors. (That’s really my head in the photo.)

I had always said I would never color my hair, but would just accept the gray as it appeared. But it seems I’m not quite ready for that, not just yet. It will sneak back in over the next several months I’m sure, but I trust that Richard will figure out how to age me gracefully.

It’s nice to be able to put your hair in the hands of someone you trust!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Gorgeous! Sounds like a great experience and you've found a first class hair doctor.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Cool! I do my own! Ha! One day I'll get it done professionally.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

echoing V................OOOOOOOOO I love it!
You said "Dupont" so it must not be Bang salon where I found a great colorist. He, of course, moved on to another salon and is now at a third. I didn't have the energy to follow him so am stuck with someone who does a mediocre job. Perhaps it is time to go au naturel!

K

7:35 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

I am not quite ready for the grey appearing in my head either (nor on my chest). But, as I havee blondish hair, it is not too noticeable. I have thought of going copper - but Sofia opposes that idea.

You have chosen a lovely colour.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

What a fabulous cut and you have great hair! Mine is the exact same colour but long, straight, and thin! UGH! I just wear it up in cool clips or high ponytails, or just tied back.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home