Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Only Good News

Can you imagine a newspaper that prints only good news? Only in Chautauqua! I came out of my early morning meditation (which took place in the building in the picture) to hear a young voice literally singing “Music, Art, and Philosphy – All Right Here for You to See” to a very catchy tune. This 11-year-old was selling the Chatauqua paper with its good news for 50 cents.

Of course when I got home the NY Times was on the table on our porch, reminding us of the horrors actually going on in the world outside this utopia. There’s the situation in the Middle East, there’s a tsunami in Indonesia, and the list goes on.

I think I’ll stick to the Chautauqua paper for just this week and get fueled up with positive news before facing reality again when I leave the gates.

How long has it been since you’ve seen a paperboy? And more importantly, one who sings to sell his papers? And when was the last time you paid 50 cents for a newspaper? My paperboy was only too proud to display his paper and let me take his picture. What a perfect place for a romantic sap like me who loves good news and movies with happy endings…

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea!

12:59 PM  
Blogger playfulinnc said...

Adorable.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

That's so cool. It reminds me of the homeless man near my office building who sells The Big Issue, and does a natty little dance, while singing, "The Biiiig Isssuuuuue", at people walking by.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Sure sounds like you're in a romantic magical bubble this week! Enjoy!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Idyllic for sure. I hope the weather is co-operating with you all.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only good news? sounds a little like a fantasy story i wrote the other day :-)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

That sounds like the perfect news for vacation.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home