Friday, August 04, 2006

And Yet Another Happy Hour

As I sat there letting Richard (who’s just a few years shy of my age) cut my hair at Axis in Dupont, I mentioned that it was so convenient because I was going to a Blogger happy hour at 7 p.m. at Gazuza. He literally cracked up and said, “I really can’t picture you there in all that noise.” I told him to give me a 30-something haircut so I would fit in.

I really love the concept of the happy hour, but I am so frustrated with the fact that I can’t hear anything. I meet all these wonderful Bloggers and can’t hear a word they are saying. So I had my perfunctory 2 glasses of pinot grigio, which is about all I can drink if I am driving home, and I talked to (or rather tried to listen to):

Jamy
KassyK
Betty
Velvet
Kathryn
Cookie
Martin
Homeimprovementninja
Mediaconcepts

I finally realized that it was time to go home just as the party was getting into full swing. Maybe someday we’ll have a Blogger picnic outdoors where I can hear because there are an awful lot of very cool people in this DC Blogs community that I would definitely like to know more about.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamy said...

It was good to see you! It was too damn loud in there. Your hair looked great.

11:15 PM  
Blogger media concepts said...

It was great meeting you, Barbara. I'm sorry you couldn't hear anything I said. I assure you, it was very, very witty.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Jamy -- Good to see you too! Glad someone else thought it was loud.

Matt -- I probably heard more of what you said (and yes it was oh-so-witty) than you heard of what I said, which was very little since my voice doesn't seem to project worth crap in loud places. I walk away from situations like this saying to myself, I would really like to have a drink in a QUIET place with this person some day!

At least I discovered a new Blog to read!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wish they had these where I am! I doubt I'll ever meet any bloggers in real life!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

MOI -- I think you, Old Lady, and I should plan a meeting some time, somewhere, over the next year. I'll bet we would stay up all night just talking! What do you say?

8:43 AM  
Blogger wharman said...

I wish I had the chance to meet you on Friday. Of course, we wouldn't have understood each other. I, too, have very little of the projection in my voice and what little there is peeters out after about 100 shouted words. I'm all for an outdoor blogger barbecue. Let's get planning.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Wendy -- I'm sorry I didn't find you on Friday. Let me know if you decide to do another HH and we can definitely meet up. Meanwhile I will continue to check in on your Blog!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara,

I hear you, so to speak. :) I felt like an idiot screaming "WHAT? WHAT?" all night like Lil' Jon at an awards show.

One thing I like about Pat and Rob's meetups is that you can hear people, for the most part. :)

Regardless, it was great to see you again. :)

By the way, the verification code for this post is "obznut," which is oddly fitting in a way.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

That's funny that you said that because one of my commenters just posted about how in Vancouver (where she's from) the bloggers had a picnic meet-up. Apparently it was fun, save for all the mosquito bites...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Martin -- Good to see you too even if I couldn't hear you. I will try one of the Pharoah's HHs again.

Alejandra -- I will offer to supply everyone with insect repellent if we have a DC Blogs picnic!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home