Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An Unexpected Surprise

Can you imagine how surprised I was to receive a belated birthday present in the form of a "book" that beautifully interweaves our pictures and my Blog posts from our trip to France? My husband is truly a technical genius. He located software to make a book, which provides for front and back cover, the title page, and everything a regular printed book would have.

Right around the time of my birthday, after he gave me the best present ever in the form of a 2-CD set of workout music, he told me there would be one more present coming in a few days. Frankly I had forgotten all about it until yesterday when the box arrived in the mail. And out of the box came this wonderful reminder of the smells and tastes and good times we experienced in France last fall.

I found myself just touching the book jacket and marveling at the final product and all the work that must have gone into making it.

I sometimes joke about his geeky techy side, but it's times like this when I realize just how nice it is to live with someone who can do all these things and who thinks enough of me to spend those many hours making this wonderful surprise for me.

If you are interested in knowing more about how he did this, you can contact him from his Blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was apparent when I first met you and David that you are special people. How wonderful that you found one another and that your romance continues to shine.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great gift.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both the book and your husband are treasures :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kate -- TY. I will always feel lucky to have him in my life.

Kristin, Pauline -- I agree!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

How special and one-of-a-kind just like both of you! Way to go David!!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks,everyone. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Oh, and I couldn't help but throw in some of the stories that I and the other husband made up and told on the trip. Added a little spice to the book. But, most of the words are Barbara's.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home