Friday, January 12, 2007

Where Have All the Pretzels Gone?

The airline industry has reached a new low in flying amenities. They have taken away my pretzels. I calculated that they probably spent under $25 on beverages for the entire planeload of passengers headed to Chicago with us.

I asked about the pretzels and was told I could now purchase a snack, including Pringles at $2 or a snack box at $3 or M&Ms for $2 and who knows what other crap at an inflated cost. I say this really sucks!

Not only are the snacks gone, but so is my seatbelt. I sat down to find the right half missing altogether. I didn’t tell them about it for fear the plane might be entirely sold out and they would kick me off. The attendant never bothered to see that my seatbelt was not fastened or that I had my tray table down when we took off.

Then I went to read my page-turner The Revenge of Gaia, only to find out that my overhead light didn’t work. Oh well… I may just have to sleep instead. What a shame when I was just about to find out how the world will end.

I guess I should be happy that the plane seems to be flying without a problem and there is no turbulence since I don’t have a seatbelt.

More news from Chicago, where we are going to visit my husband’s one-of-a-kind 98-year-old Aunt Zelda. I’m sure she will offer material for multiple posts.

So fair warning if you are traveling: take whatever non-liquid food you plan to eat because there will be no more free lunch on your flight!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does it really matter whether the trays are down during takeoff or not? The seatbelt probably doesn't do much good, either, but I can understand the inclination to put it on.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'll keep this in mind - I'm flying on Saturday! I'm just glad it's a short flight. I don't know what I'd do on a trans-Pacific flight without water. Trans-Atlantic was bad enough.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I don't fly much but that's pretty bad...especially the seatbelt! I bring my own food everywhere!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for the Salad Days!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home