Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mystery Man


Yesterday I got a comment from an Anon who had found my Blog while searching for “Bay County High School Class of 1967". Yes, that would be me. And yes, I had written a couple of posts about our upcoming 40th reunion.

I asked the Anon to e-mail me, which he did giving me a name of RW (I’ll just use initials since he chose not to use his name on my Blog). There were only 300 people in my class and I knew most of them at least by name, but this name just didn’t ring a bell. But then it has been 40 years.

So I wrote him back to get more info, giving the names of some of my friends. He said he thought he remembered me and had had classes with some of them, one of which would have put him in my Math Analysis class, which had only about 20 people in it. For the life of me RW did not seem like one of them.

I decided to look him up in my high school yearbook. Now where in the world might that be? I got out a flashlight and looked at all the boxes in the basement (all labeled in my Type A fashion). No yearbook. Then I tried the attic. BINGO! “High school and college yearbooks” at the bottom of a big stack of boxes.

But when I looked at my class, there was no one by the name he had given me. So the mystery deepens. Either this guy is not giving me his real name, he changed his name, or he can’t remember what year he actually graduated.

I just sent him the info on the reunion he had requested. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out! May be worth going to the reunion to finally meet RW.

You never can tell what your Blog is going to turn up!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

This makes me think of series premier of The Riches. Maybe he's a con man? A traveler? A man who used to be a woman? It's fun to imagine; though, it's probably more innocuous than that.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Anon says he was camera shy and still is. Says he has gone by several different names since high school but is back to the one he used then -- that's just a little weird. He did name many of the teachers I also had, conjuring up some good memories and some not so good memories. I asked him to take a digital picture of a picture of himself 40 years ago and send it to me. Why do I care? Maybe because I am trying to vindicate my memory? Who knows...

11:10 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Several different name since high school? Odder things have happened I'm sure, but the whole things sounds just a tad off...why didn't he just contact the school for information?

7:28 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I told ya you just had to go to that reunion! Mine is on May 26th. Should be really good!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home