Sunday, May 13, 2007

Waiting for the Mail to Come


It’s nice to feel like a queen on Mother’s Day. I must admit that some years have been better than others.

This is a particularly good year. With no prompting or hints, I have been noticed in wonderful ways by my family.

My husband knows how much I need a massage. He gave me a gift certificate to a spa in Alexandria that will cover any of a number of optional massages. I’m always wary of new massage therapists. Will they hurt me? Will they watch the clock? You see, I have a high standard set by my last massage therapist that no one has come close to beating. But hey, it’s paid for, so I now must schedule my next massage.

My daughter called earlier today to offer her good wishes and to tell me something should arrive in the next day’s mail. A call was really quite sufficient, but something in the mail is always exciting.

My son called yesterday to say something would be delivered by 3:00 today. It’s now around 5:00 and nothing has come, but I’m sure it’s on it’s way somewhere between San Francisco and here. At first I thought maybe he had arranged for someone to sing to me or juggle for me at 3:00. I was somewhat glad to find out that it’s just an envelope I’m expecting.

So perhaps tomorrow the wonders of Mother’s Day will continue to unfold as the mail arrives. It’s a good feeling to have those I care most about wish me well on my special day. I’m no Wonder Woman, but I am definitely proud to be someone’s Wife and someone's Mom!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Happy mother day! Or days, as the case may be.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Enjoy the massage. I hope she/he measures up! They are all different.

6:53 PM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Aren't kids great?

Glad you're having a good Mother's day- Me, too, and I had to cook for 20 people!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

SINCE I DON'T (Excuse me)have a momma no more, all of you nice ladies that are so sweet to me seem like my Momma...
So happy Mothers Day Barbara!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Happy Mother's Day!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home