Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Attn: Ice Cream Lovers

Who ever said you couldn’t get something for nothing? How about FREE ice cream? (Of all places, I learned about this at my yoga class yesterday!)

Today Ben & Jerry’s is celebrating their 30th birthday by offering everyone a free cone of ice cream. Check it out here.

And if you miss it, tomorrow is 31-cent day at Baskin and Robbins. Find out more.

Maybe it’s this kind of community outreach that has made it possible for these two companies to thrive for so long.

I’m thinking mint chocolate chip or maybe coffee. How about you?

8 Comments:

Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

alas there are no ben and jerry ice cream joints in my hood or I would be there! in fact, I so would like a dip of chunky monkey right now!

happy birthday ben and jerry -- one day when I visit buds in vermont I would really like to visit the b&j mothership!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I ALWAYS forget about free cone day as well as free ice cream on my birthday and that's a shame. Ben and Jerry are two of my favorite men.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Mouse -- We did the B&J tour in Vermont quite a few years ago. It's a first-class operation!

Kristin -- You still have tomorrow for B&R, although I like B&J better!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

I don't eat alot of ice cream, but when I do, I like it to be chocolate with peanut butter stripes running through it, or... that Godiva flavor that has white chocolate and raspberries. My mom and dad have ice cream almost every night. I guess when you turn eighty, why not?!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kelly -- At 80, I'd say ice cream for breakfast is fine!

8:09 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

Barb, we are so different but...makee mine a Mint Chocolate Chip too!
(I could have guessed it)

yesterday, the Water baby yelled at me for leaving eggshells in the carton...my only defense was
"Barbara does it too"

9:10 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Steve -- Did I really admit to the eggshells in the carton? I thought nobody knew about that...

9:44 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

Yes you did Barb!
But if thats as bad as you get, hon, you'll be OK!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home