Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Perfect

Have you known someone who always knows just the perfect gift for any occasion? I was the recipient of such a gift from just such a person yesterday.

The three of us who went to Chicago in search of style and the fun of spending a long weekend with like-minded women got together for tea and knitting yesterday afternoon. LR had placed beautiful small bags brimming with gold tinsel in front of KC and me.

For someone who no longer celebrates Christmas, a gift was totally unexpected but for that reason even more fun. I love finding a little box in the bottom of a gift bag. That often means JEWELRY! And indeed inside the little box lay a beautiful glass heart intended to be worn as a pendant. It was my style exactly and matched even the outfit I was wearing yesterday.


I came home and gave it a place on the velvet jewelry “hanger” on my closet door. I will search for a lovely ribbon on which to wear my beautiful little glass heart.


I can’t even imagine a more perfect present, for a person who wasn’t expecting more than a wish for a Happy Hanukkah!

3 Comments:

Blogger edward said...

Nice!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Edward -- Yes, it's really quite beautiful!

3:26 PM  
Blogger bozoette said...

How lovely! The colors are especially nice, I think.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home