Sunday, March 15, 2009

Drumroll, please!



I was totally surprised this week when I received this award from Karen. It was my first such award, although I have been seeing various awards on others’ Blogs for years. I must admit it did make me feel good to be part of a “chosen” list. Karen had attempted to be inclusive by giving just about everyone she reads some sort of award. Kudos to her!

My award comes with the following description:

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!

Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

I was doing fine until I got to the last line. That’s when I realized I couldn’t fulfill the requirement of the award, tantamount to breaking a chain letter. I just couldn’t choose 8 among the Blogs I read who were that much better at Blogger friendship than any others.

So this will probably be my first and last award. I thank Karen once again for being so gracious. And I remind all of you – Bloggers, commenters, and just readers – that I truly value your friendship and the richness you add to my life. We are incredibly close in cyberspace!

6 Comments:

Blogger tut-tut said...

congrats to you, Barbara!

Le Creuset is the best; I have other pots as well, and I don't think there is a day that goes by that one or another isn't to hand.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Fire Byrd said...

It is so hard picking people to bestow awards on. Particularly when most people already have them, well that's true in my case as I take so long to do something about them when they are given to me.
There is some pressure to keep it all going, that I find hard. It's the same with email circulars, and there are some lovely ones about I hate the pressure to pass them on.
So I'm happy that it stays with you.
xx

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Congratulations!

2:31 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi Barbara, I think you are great, and love reading your blog! I do enjoy these bloggy awards, and passing them on too :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger media concepts said...

I thought you were going to say you couldn't fulfill the last line because you don't like chain letters. I guess you now won't have 8 years of good luck, nor will you be asked to transfer funds to a wealthy individual in Nigeria (recently they branched out to China). I hate to lump your kind and well-deserved blogger award in with the latter, but chain letter instructions of any kind really turn me off!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Tut-tut -- Thanks for the congrats. As for cooking, I find I have a favorite set of pots that serves me well for most purposes. There are many others that never seem to find their way onto my stove any longer. But my big brown one (despite the fact the enamel is now chipped) keeps coming back!

Fire Byrd -- I feel no pressure to keep e-mails or chain letters circulating and filling up people's inboxes. However, this award was special coming from Karen and it took me a while to make a decision not to pass it on.

Cyndy -- Thanks!

Karen -- I do appreciate the award and hope you understand my feelings about passing it on.

MC -- I don't like chain letters and have never worried about the promise of bad luck, although come to think of it I probably stalled half a dozen in the months prior to breaking my hip...

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home