Thursday, April 30, 2009

Down



I’m usually a very positive person who tries to see the best in life. But for the past few days I have felt down and out and even a little teary-eyed, a rare thing for me.

I kept wondering if that ill-fated podiatrist visit on Monday had touched off this bout of malaise. Or if it was somehow connected to the overwhelming level of tree pollen in the air. Or if it was the result of another round of an ongoing emotional saga.

But by last night as sneezes and sniffles moved in, I realized I have a garden-variety spring cold. This one didn’t start with the typical sore throat, but there is no mistaking the fact that it’s a cold.

I decided to go to meditation last night despite a runny nose. It was a supreme challenge not to be constantly blowing my nose, but rather to feel the unbelievable tickle as drops fell off the tip of my nose onto the Kleenex below. It took a lot of effort to stay in the present moment.

I’ve cancelled everything I was planning to do today in an effort to speed this spring cold along and on its way. I’m ready to feel positive about life once again and to get rid of the Kleenex box that seems permanently attached to my hand.

I guess I should be happy that I haven’t grown a pig tail! :) There are now confirmed cases of swine flu right next door in Maryland...

5 Comments:

Blogger Fire Byrd said...

Oh get better soon, and lets hope your malaise is just cause of an ordainary cold.
It's got over here already, the piggy problem.
xx

11:25 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Take care of yourself, Barbara!

1:01 PM  
Blogger red dirt girl said...

please be well,
lots of fluid,
rest,
and remember - after all you've taken on and accomplished, you DO deserve some pampering.

as for the podiatrist .... let me at her!

xxx
rdm

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Feel better soon!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

It is depressing to have a cold in the spring, especially when it is complicated by allergies. I hope you feel better soon!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home