Saturday, September 05, 2009

Blogger Meet-ups in SF


Today was a very busy Blog-centric day, in which I finally got to meet a couple of people who have been electronic friends for years now.

Several years ago after I had noticed someone from San Francisco reading virtually every day, I worried that I had lost her when she wasn’t showing up on my Statcounter for a while. She left me her one and only comment to let me know she was alive and well and was just visiting her sister in SoCal.



So today my anon affectionately dubbed SF and I shared breakfast at Ella’s, a place with a line most any time of the day which specializes in chicken hash and polenta for breakfast. We had a chance to fill in the blanks about each other and share lots of stories as we consumed an amazing breakfast. Her ginger-infused OJ was delicious.



After that I was off on BART to meet up with Kelly in El Cerrito. I had a chance to sit on a bench out in the sun and read a few more pages of Atlas Shrugged. Then just as I was about to call her, she pulled up in her Jeep and off we went. We took the scenic route to Berkeley, where we shared a couple of soup-salad-sandwich orders and took in the locals. I can only imagine what this place was like in the late 60’s. We could probably have filled several more hours with non-stop talking, but I had a car to rent back in SF.



So I was back on BART and headed for Powell Street, where I would make my way to the Hertz place on O’Ferrell. I managed to negotiate my way to my daughter’s house, where I picked her up to go to a much seedier area of town to pick up a UPS delivery of 3 bottles of lemon olive oil, which they had refused to leave at her address because someone had once complained of a package being stolen there. The girls are trying to figure out how to get back in the good graces of UPS.

Then the coup of the day was finding a parking place relatively near my daughter’s house. Anyone who knows SF knows just how difficult parking can be.

One more Blogger meet-up tomorrow, which I am so looking forward to. I’m having a ball trekking all over this city with my cool cane in tow. No chocolate just yet, Pauline, but my daughter just mentioned a great chocolate place in the Castro neighborhood, so don’t give up!

Meanwhile one of her adorable housemates left me a small bouquet of fresh flowers in my room! I call that room service and the price is definitely right. Another housemate is out doing some shopping at the corner market for us right now.

As I sit here writing this, my daughter is cooking a delicious vegetarian dinner of eggplant and yellow squash over pasta with fresh pesto. I think it will be fairly spicy, so it’s probably good her dad is not eating dinner with us.

Oh, by the way, I was so tired yesterday that I completely slept through the domestic violence across the street last night that resulted in the cops being called. Probably a good thing to miss.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

How exciting! Blogger meetups are always fun, and I find that people really are a lot like their blogs -- if I like the blog, chances are I'll like them, too! :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

It sounds like a great trip and a wonderful chance to catch up with people you've "known" for years.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

Glad to see you made it through the BART maze and got your car!

I had a great time talking with you and defintely want to be included in further SF itineraries... maybe the bridge will be open and I can take you for coffee at "Trouble"!

It was so nice to meet you in person!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

I've been meaning to ask how Atlas Shrugged is doing for you.

2:06 PM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

and say Hey to Kelly!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home