Friday, October 02, 2009

A Vacation on the Horizon


We are finally going on a joint vacation after months of being at home due to health problems we’ve both had. But in January we will be headed to Costa Rica for a week at the Omega Institute’s new facility there and perhaps a few more days relaxing on a beautiful beach or taking a zip-wire above the rain forest.

Thanks to Blogger LA, we rediscovered the Omega Institute and found out about their Costa Rica site, where you can enjoy yoga, meditation, massage, and classes in a tropical paradise.

The week we’ll be there (including my birthday), the featured speaker is Jon Kabat-Zinn, author of “Wherever You Go, There You Are.” He is a medical doctor from Boston, who promotes many alternate forms of healing.

Jake’s “boy” will come home to stay with him while we’re gone, so he’ll probably never even notice our absence.

It’s still 3 months off, but it feels so good to know we’re going somewhere, and to a beautiful place at that.

As for how we spend the extra days, if you have ever been to Costa Rica and have advice, please share it with me. We’re definitely not up for any strenuous hikes, but I’m assuming there are plenty of other ways to spend our time.

9 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

its such a good feeling to get a holiday booked, and relax into the anticipation! good for you

4:46 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Sounds wonderful. Jon Kabbat-Zinn's books are on my bookshelves. My oldest son has plans to move to Costa Rica. He's been there several times, always bringing home magnificent photographs and a real appreciation for the place. I'll ask him what he recommends...

8:11 AM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Glad I could suggest something that you're looking forward to. :) I've been to Omega and I've been to Costa Rica but I haven't been to Omega in Costa Rica. You'll have to let me know how it is. On Costa Rica, we got to Palo Verde National Park and the cloud forest with the suspended bridges while we were on the west coast. Our friends got to Arenal volcano and zip lined. No shortage of stuff to do! :) I hope it's a fantastic trip.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are headed to nicaragua next week for our vacation. then to costa rica in february. we feel very fortunate that opportunities presented themselves to let us do both trips. hope you guys have a blast!

9:20 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Lucky you! Great to have a holiday to look forward to, for the next 3 months. I look forward to hearing about it all, too :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

That sounds great! I liked Kabat-Zinn's book, and I'm sure meeting him will be pretty interesting. Alas, I've never been to Costa Rica, so I'll leave the advising to others. :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Wow, Costa Rica, how cool.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Costa Rica is nice!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

How great! I've never been but I've heard some wonderful things about Costa Rica. What a fabulous way to spend your birthday!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home