Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spending Money to Save Money



I have a new favorite place to shop for everything from shoes to tea.  Marshalls has great bargains every day.  I could waste a lot of time going through the sale tables, which slash the already greatly reduced prices.

I went into Marshalls the other day in search of a particular kind of tea I had gotten there.  The one thing you simply must accept is that you may never see the same thing again.  And sure enough the French mint green tea was no longer, but there were many other teas from which to choose.  Having paid as much as $10 for a can of tea at Whole Foods, prices like $2 look great.



My hair has simply been dissatisfied with the expensive Bumble & Bumble shampoo at Axis and the pricey organic shampoo at Whole Foods.  For $8 at Marshalls I got shampoo and conditioner that made my hair feel great when I shampooed it today.  I’ve never heard of the brand and will probably have a hard time finding it again anywhere, but until it runs out, I will enjoy the results.



I confess to being addicted to lavender soap.  I used to pay $15 at Whole Foods for a bar of French soap that would last most of a year, but it has been discontinued (probably because no one else was buying it).  For a mere $4 I got a comparable bar at Marshalls.



I’ve had a terrible time finding comfortable shoes that would accommodate my orthotic inserts and didn’t look like they should be on 85-year-old feet.  But at Marshalls I found the same Merrell’s I had recently seen at an upscale shoe store in Chevy Chase for half the price.

Unfortunately I didn’t stop with the bargain tea, and instead bought all these other things.  But the total price at the checkout of $75 made that shopping trip totally worthwhile.

Check out Marshalls and enjoy the savings! 

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like what I call a needle-in-the-haystack store...seems you scored big-time. Enjoy your new things! (And you know I sympathize with the lifelong search for comfortable shoes!)

F.

5:28 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

I like those Merrells! Enjoy!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Anon, LA -- Shopping always seems like so much more fun when you get a bargain!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

When I have to go shopping, Marshall's is always a favorite. I never fail to find a bargain there.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Wow, I had no idea Marshall's sold such a variety of stuff!

I love Merrells. Dave has a pair of slip-ons and I wear them to walk the dogs. Fab!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Great job with the savings!

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Merrell Lover said...

I love those merrell shoes.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home