Monday, November 15, 2010

Heat wave in November



Before my trip To SF I checked the long-range weather forecast and packed for the ideal 68-72-degree weather. As it turns out the high today will be 82. People are sun-bathing in Lafayette Park across from my son's apartment. And I am lamenting my choice of long-sleeve clothes and jackets.

That's OK. Today after enjoying a superb latte at Caffe Trieste in North Beach with a good friend, I bought a very cool black tee shirt with the insignia of this renowned coffee place. The coffee was eclipsed only by the conversation with this friend I rarely get to see.



We bought Italian deli and walked down to Washington Square, where we sat outside in the shadow of an enormous old church to continue our conversation and take in the local scene of the diverse population that inhabit North Beach.

I hated to part with my friend who had to go back to making a living. But now I get to consult with my son on tomorrow's adventure into Napa Valley, where we intend to visit a winery, take in some scenic places, and eat oysters in Tomales Bay.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


3 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Sounds like a great visit - I love spending time with my sons! We need a photo of the t-shirt ;)

7:09 PM  
Blogger e said...

So, show the tee, please. You would think I'd have a bunch living where I do but I don't. Last January, California was warmer than my State of residence, also highly unusual.

SF is a great city and it sounds like you had a good time with your friend.

Isn't your daughter also living there or has she moved?

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time today up in the wine country and at Tomales Bay! Say hi to that lovely water for me.

F.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home