Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Bounty of Winter


Whoever said winter vegetables had to be dull and uninteresting?  At least once a week I collect what is is left from the last CSA delivery and roast them.  I particularly like the striped beets and the purple carrots in this picture.

I drizzle a little lemon olive oil over the whole lot of them, add some seasoning, and roast at 375 degrees for an hour or so.  Roasting tends to intensify the flavors of all these vegetables.

The bounty of winter not only looks good, but tastes very good as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Beautiful veggies! I love the idea of striped beets and purple carrots..

5:28 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

There are times I wish we lived next door to one another and shared meals on a regular basis! This is one of them :)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous lr said...

Yum - what luscious looking veggies and how satisfying they must have tasted. I hope you have some left to enjoy for Valentine's Day!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luscious photo! And I too love roasted vegetables. It's so satisfying to go to the farmers' market, choose vibrant food like you pictured, and then cook and enjoy it. What a blessing of the season.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

F.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Wow, that's beautiful, and so yummy looking!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home