Saturday, February 19, 2011

Travel under duress




Yesterday I learned how important it is not to miss a flight. I was supposed to be on a morning flight out of BWI to meet up with 5 high school friends in Atlanta. But instead I woke up with a fever and a relentless cough. I decided later in the day to go despite feeling like crap. I finally managed to get myself on a 5:30 flight after encountering a couple of sympathetic Delta employees.

It was definitely worthwhile to come. One of my friends was diagnosed with serious cancer during the past year. Perhaps that was the catalyst for our trip. It was a relief to see her looking quite good.

Unfortunately my cough was only getting worse. I found myself escaping to the bathroom with my iPad in the middle of the night to send off a plea to my doctor for heavy-duty cough medicine. By the time I woke up she had called in prescriptions for cough medicine and antibiotics to a local pharmacy.

Hopefully I can enjoy the rest of my weekend trip and keep my germs to myself. Unfortunately my husband back home is starting to cough.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better! I hope your time with your friend is sweet.

F.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hope you are feeling better soon so you can make the most of your trip.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home