Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Little Help for the SF Homeless







I was out bright and early today to buy all sorts of cleaning supplies at the local Ace Hardware. I had decided to help my son do some long overdue apartment cleaning.

Even though the store is only 6 blocks away, the hills are steep and I ended up with 7 bags of things ranging from a broom to a step-stool to a bucket and sponges and so many other things.

I stood on the corner and cab after cab passed me by. Then a homeless man came by and offered to help me hail a cab. After he didn't have any better luck with the cabs, I suggested that we both take the bus up the long hill.

That's Calvin sitting on the bus with my purchases at his feet. We loaded everything off the bus and up to my son's building door across from Lafayette Park.

I paid Calvin something for his assistance and he headed back down the hill using his transfer on a bus going in the opposite direction.

A full day of family cleaning reminded me that I still know how and that I am glad I don't have to do that on a regular basis. Everything looks and smells clean tonight.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sacramento St,San Francisco,United States

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

I guess it's a good thing Calvin came along when he did!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home