Friday, December 23, 2011

Lipstick in Transit


I don’t go through a lot of cosmetics, but when I find something I really like I want to be able to keep buying it.  As these things often happen, my favorite lipstick, Trish McEvoy Sheer Palm Beach, is no longer being produced.
I recently talked to a very helpful sales rep at Nordstrom’s who suggested I might like Dior Addict Tokyo 422, supposedly similar to the one I was attached to.  I found a place online that was selling it $10 cheaper than at Nordstrom’s, both of whom offered me free shipping.
So on December 11 I placed my order to this place in Southern California.  It was shipped on December 13 with an estimated arrival date of December 20, which came and went with no USPS package containing my Addict lipstick.
I went into the tracking history provided with my order confirmation and found something most bizarre.  Take a look at this:
Information about shipment  
Ship carrier: USPS
Tracking Number:  9101900007540986103595
Status:  In transit
Estimated Arrival:  December 20, 2011
Track your package  
December 14, 2011 US  Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
December 22, 2011 10:06 PM  Hallandale, FL  Arrival scan
December 22, 2011 11:21 PM  Opa Locka, FL  Departure scan
Why in the world would something traveling from the West Coast to Virginia end up in Hallandale, FL?   I know it’s a crazy busy time for packages, but this seems like someone screwed up.
I will be most curious to see if my new lipstick ever arrives.  It’s a good thing it wasn’t intended as a holiday gift for anyone other than myself!

4 Comments:

Blogger e said...

That is truly weird! I hope it eventually shows up. It seems you had the same misadventure involving a silver tray, if I remember correctly...too much automation, do you think?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

E -- At least the silver tray ended up being delivered just down the street. No wonder the USPS is losing money if they think sending something through FL on its way from CA ro VA is efficient!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

If you'd ordered it from Nordstrom's this wouldn't have happened. :)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

One of my coworkers said the boots he ordered for his wife, from Australia by way of California, spent a week in Canada. It's all beyond me! I'm just glad that UPS made a 4th attempt on a gift/cashmere scarf after I'd left a note begging them to just leave it. They didn't but they did come back.

Good luck with the lipstick!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home