Monday, December 24, 2012

Defiance




This is the scene that plays out most every morning as we urge Ari to come down the last few stairs. He flops down with his legs out behind and just looks at the treats that otherwise work so well as motivation. A very cute dog but not one we want to bargain with at 7:30 AM.

He is just as defiant about house-training. I have seen him come in from outside and squat on the floor under my nose as if to say "I will choose when and where." Fortunately this is not the case most of the time.

I have known 2-year-olds with the same mindset!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dawes Ave,Bailey's Crossroads,United States

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

My dog Cal also gets stubborn sometimes when I am walking him. He decides he does not want to go where I do and just sits down. He is a big boy so when he sits it is sometimes difficult to make him get up. I always laugh and give him a minute because I suspect after a long walk he is tired.

In the morning he ALWAYS seems to know when it is 8:00 and time for his walk. He starts to bark and is relentless until someone gets up and takes him out (the backyard won't do, it must be a walk). Luckily, I only have to deal with that on the weekend because during the week I am out of the house by 6:00.

Keep your sense of humor and it'll work out.

xo

1:08 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

The good news is his stubbornness has forced
us both to get up at the same time and have breakfast together. All is not so bad!

And he is adorable even when defiant!

Fortunately he will never be anywhere as big as Cal...

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home