Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Looking Back

I recently glanced at the picture on my badge for work and was shocked. It shows a very sad, old, haggard person who doesn’t appear to have much to live for. I want to make apologies for her, to say, “I used to know this person and she has changed.”

I remember a year ago feeling so bored all the time that I often just went to bed at 8:30 so that I could get up at the crack of dawn and be in the office, often as early as 6:30.

Today I feel infinitely more alive and happy most of the time. At least I am not sad most of the time! I have so many good things to do that I have trouble fitting them all in. I seldom get to work before 8:30 and I have trouble fitting in 40 work hours a week.

I actually thought about asking the security people to take a new photo of me so that I don’t need to be reminded of the time when I was sad.

But maybe I should just keep the old badge so I can appreciate the difference...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home