Saturday, November 12, 2005

Remembering Horny

After 29 years of marriage to the same person, sex has become like a familiar old friend who comes to visit regularly but has few surprises. Yesterday, however, was different. By early evening I was feeling really romantic. I made an impromptu Indian dinner which we ate by candlelight (Shabbat candles inspired by my friends Ginger and Rebecca). After finishing off the last swirls of wine, I suggested that we make love and my husband had no objection. It was slow and affectionate – just the right ending for a holiday.

In thinking about this again this morning, I commented to my husband that I had actually felt “horny” for the first time in a long time and wondered why. He immediately said, “It’s probably because you spent hours yesterday reading DCBlogs." And I realized that he was probably right. Reading about the sexual exploits of 20-somethings is enough to make anyone horny! And there is certainly plenty of that to be found on DCBlogs. It’s not that it’s X-rated, just descriptive and very provocative.

What’s sort of cool about DCBlogs is the fact that it represents life in all generations. Many of these bloggers are the age of my children. But there are plenty of baby-boomers like me writing also. I think people are finally starting to be so open and honest about what they do and how it affects them. Wouldn’t it be ironic if there was a decline in psychotherapy because the interactive Internet was proving to be therapeutic? Now there’s a thought...

(My) recipe for Indian beef (and great sex!) – for 2

Olive oil
3 garlic cloves (minced)
Medium onion (chopped)
1 sweet red pepper (chopped)
A handful of asparagus chopped
Sliced mushrooms (of your choice)
Liberal amount of garam masala (purchased or homemade)
Beef tenderloin (sliced thin)
Kosher salt to taste

Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute everything up through mushrooms until the asparagus is tender. Move vegetables to the outside of the skillet. Add a little oil and put in the garam masala in the center of the skillet. When fragrant, add the beef and saute just until the red is gone. Add salt and serve over cooked rice. Yummm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home