Tuesday, February 07, 2006

An Evening Out with an Old Friend

I had a wonderful evening out last night with my old friend Kate and two of her friends. Old friend – let’s see, how long have I known Kate? Well, we met once at a friend’s house just before Christmas last year. And we took a crystal ball reading class together from the same mutual friend. But we know oh-so-much about each other because we read each other’s Blogs. She could ask me “Why did you keep pulling down posts last week?” And I could catch up on her personal gossip with “What IS happening with G?” I even feel like I know Kate’s son who Blogs as “Miniver Cheevy” and his girlfriend who also Blogs.

We met at Zaytinia’s for great wine and little plates of delectibles, finishing with a petite warm Turkish coffee dark chocolate souffle. Yummm! We had to talk about Blogging at dinner. Her friend Sandy said resolutely, “I’m not interested. I sit at a computer all day long. That’s the last thing in the world I want to do at home.” Her other friend Holly seemed intrigued and by the end of the evening was asking for our Blog addresses. I warned them both that if they started writing and reading they would get HOOKED on Blogging.

We hurried off to hear Mark Russell at Ford’s Theater. He is a little older and grayer than the last time I saw him, but he still delivers 90 minutes of great humor, poking at all the current players on the political scene. We marveled at the fact that he could go non-stop with hardly a breath of air in between his stories set to music. The four of us clapped, whistled, and screamed when he asked how many Democrats were in the audience. I would have changed parties if I were a Republican in that crowd.

Although I seem perpetually exhausted these days, I thoroughly enjoyed my evening out with the girls last night. I can see that Kate and I are going to have a long friendship that is just getting started. It’s a good things our paths crossed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It is fascinating that you think of me that way because it is as if I have known you as long as I've known Sandy and Holly. I was going to post about the evening but you summed it up beautifully.

A bientot....

9:13 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Having girlfriends is a godsend.

8:28 PM  
Blogger playfulinnc said...

This makes me miss you all so much!

You had me at warm Turkish coffee...

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home