Sunday, January 29, 2006

I Want Somebody to Love

Do you need anybody,
I just need someone to love.
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to love. (With a Little Help from My Friends, The Beatles)

Finding THE ONE seems to be a recurring theme on more that one Blog these days. These are beautiful (mostly) women of virtually all ages who are asking the same questions: How will I find him? How will I know? Will my friends like him? What if it doesn’t work out?

I met a charming woman for coffee this afternoon. We had a mutual curiosity and had missed each other at the recent DC Blogs happy hour. She has been in love with her best friend for 15 years and hasn’t had her love returned. How incredibly sad. She is beautiful, intelligent, and full of love. This is just not fair, I said to myself. I immediately started to go through my list of available men who might be a good match for her.

It occurred to me that matchmaking had at one time made this process so much easier. Someone else had made executive decisions about how to pair people up. My guess is that the results were just about as good as they are when we leave it up to the individuals to decide. There would not have been 15 years in limbo in those times. I just don’t think I would make it in the dating world of 2006 if I were single.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words! I think love and finding love is something we all want and yet finding it is more difficult than I ever thought it would be. I really enjoyed our coffee time and can't wait to meet up again.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home