Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sleeping In Is Hard to Do

My body struggles with changing its sleep rhythm. I’m basically an early riser, no matter when I go to bed. I went to bed at 12:30 last night, but still woke up at 7:00 this morning. I had to coerce myself into going back to sleep. For someone who often yawns all day long, I just can’t figure out this bodily rhythm that doesn’t seem to need an alarm clock.

I have been literally burning the candle at both ends. So I declared this a weekend of R&R – something I’m generally not good at. For starters I didn’t schedule any daytime activities. The only things on my calendar are “bowling together” with Temple Micah on Saturday night, playing music with Deborah late Sunday afternoon, and then having a couples potluck dinner with her and her husband. The real challenge for me would be buying my part of the potluck instead of making it, but I doubt that will happen. Otherwise how would I fill all those hours on Sunday?

It is a nice feeling to know I can just sit around in my PJs reading the paper, drinking my morning tea, or just gazing at my navel. Doesn’t happen often, but I think it is just what I need this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home