Friday, June 09, 2006

Full Circle at Eyebar



I am probably the first person to post about tonight’s happy hour because everyone else is still there partying. I must say this was a lot more comfortable than my first Eyebar happy hour when I went all by myself, not knowing anyone. This time I had a DATE – my husband David, who was experiencing that feeling of meeting celebrities.

I, on the other hand, had now seen these people enough times to know that they are just ordinary, although special, people. Here’s the rundown of everyone I met or re-met tonight:

Kathryn
Cookie
AsianMistress
KassyK
Sue
I-66
V
Martin
Jeff

I must thank Velvet in absentia for introducing me to her friend KassyK, who was definitely the life of the party.

Cookie, once again, took us under her wing. If anyone could get Dsquared to write again, it would be Cookie. She made both of us feel incredibly welcome.

Everyone universally said good things about Dan, our son, whom I dragged to a happy hour earlier this year.

And I proved for the bezillionth time that I can get drunk on just two glasses of wine. I was glad I was not driving home and that I had an arm to hold onto as we walked to the car.

I really love the DCBlogs community. I can’t imagine what I used to do with all the time I had before I started writing and reading. But I know I am having a lot more fun now. And I am positive that David is wishing that he was about 30 years younger and single so that he could be vying for the likes of Kathryn and Cookie!

6 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Don't worry I'm home, and I got drunk off one martini (which is why I was maybe not as friendly as usual haha)

Yay good to see you (and hubby) even if it was just for a minute! :)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Sounds like a cool thing that you meet. Are all these people bloggers whom you've never met? How did that get organized? There are not as many bloggers in Canada...I only know one,who got me started and then he quit!
Neat that your husband went! My husband's name is David too!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Awesome! I'm glad you had fun! I was awaiting a surprise party that took a long time to unfold, but was fun nonetheless.

12:31 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

It was great to meet you!! I am actually writing a post now and just trying to find a few cute pictures to post on them...I have to thank Velvet for introducing us as well!! :-)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

It was great meeting "Dsquared" and getting to say hi to you. I felt like Friday was one of the best ever - it was a really positive, happy gathering. Lots of mutual respect and apprecition in the room. Thanks for coming.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

It was great to see all of you. We'll definitely be at the next HH! And maybe we'll stick around for the real entertainment...

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home