Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rise and Shine

How do you know when you’ve had enough sleep? When you wake up without an alarm clock and it’s not because you have to pee.

This doesn’t happen to me often. In fact I’m usually deep in sleep when the alarm goes off. I groggily roll over and crawl out of bed.

But what a difference when your body signals the time to get up instead of an obnoxious alarm. I’ve experienced this the past three days and it is luxurious. Today my eyes fluttered open and the first thing I saw and heard was the steady rain. My body was missing that tension that results from the jar of the alarm, even though it is music.

I wish I could start every day just like this, following my body’s clock instead of an alarm clock. I like my internal clock.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How do you know when you’ve had enough sleep? When you wake up without an alarm clock and it’s not because you have to pee. "

Yes. Yes!!! So true. I'm actually rather dogmatic and emphatic about the point that folks should be able to sleep until they wake up. On their own. No alarm, loud noises, or whatnot.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

All that to look forward to in retirement!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I love weekends for the fact that I can sleep (without worry) until I've had enough.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Forgot to say that my 2 cats wanting to be let out at 5:00 a.m. are quite reliable alarm clocks!!!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home