Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Card for All Seasons

I’ve gotten to the point that I give holiday cards to just a few special people each year. No holiday letter copied and sent to the world. No e-mail to everyone I know. But rather just a few handmade cards.

Pauline inspired me to pull out my card-making supplies a couple of days ago. After fighting with rather hardened bookbinding glue for the first card, I realized that I had to make a trip into Georgetown yesterday to my favorite store The Paper Source for some new glue. Of course I can never just go in and buy one thing. I like this store just about as much as I like a hardware store. I bought more colorful paper and some little gem-like stick-ons as well as the glue.

This year there seems to be the holly for Christmas and candles for Hanukkah. Maybe I’ll get inspired to come up with a new design. But these seem to work and each card is going to a different person.

Looking out my window, I just saw my neighbor collecting his paper in what look to be flannel Christmas pajamas!

I have an annual neighborhood cookie party to go to this afternoon.

Then there are potato latkes and brisket at another neighbor’s house. Thank goodness since my latke party with a friend last night didn’t happen.

These are the things I enjoy about the season – making cards, Christmas pajamas, cookies, and latkes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

The cards look lovely and I am, as always, impressed by your ability to accomplish so much every day.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm most impressed by your inclusion of a hyperlink to Pauline in your post. you're getting to be an html maven!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dsquared -- I would love to accept your (tongue-in-cheek) html compliments, but actually Blogger makes it unnecessary to know html to add links within the body of a post. I do, however, know how to put a link in a comment. For this it is necessary to know just a little bit of html. Glad to see you are interested to know how I'm filling my time while you're in Motown! I miss you!

love,
B

2:41 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I love your cards! I do send about 35 and happen to find cute home-made looking ones that were just skates with white ribbon and the paper clips for blades.
I too, have Chrstmas P.J.'s, several sweatshirts, sweaters, vests, mugs and earrings. It's the teacher in me!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not often that I get to be an inspiration! Your cards are lovely. Wish I were going to the latke party! Are they serving chocolate for dessert?

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been so busy moving and putting things back, that I just haven't done anything I like to do. Maybe after! I like the candle cards alot.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home