Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blogs that Make Me Smile


I have been worrying all day about all the great Blogs that make me think that I failed to mention yesterday. So if you write one of them, please forgive me. I actually have a special place in my heart for a couple that not only make me think but perhaps more importantly make me SMILE!

Steve became a reader just before I took off for France last year. He is an ex-chef who obviously knows a lot about cooking. He was right there with me every day, tasting my way through Provence and Paris. He writes stories of past and present that depict a person who really knows how to have fun, but who has screwed up just a few times in life in often funny ways. He talks lovingly of his ex-wife, his daughter, and several key girlfriends (or potential girlfriends). I go read Steve when I want to be entertained.

Which is a good segue to Velvet in Dupont. I am still in mourning over the fact that Velvet is no more. Her Blog was a mainstay of DC Blogs. It was cast as a dating Blog and while Velvet was on the loose, it was even looser. There were some really X-rated episodes. I lived vicariously through each and every one of them. At one point Velvet even sent me one of her toys so I could experience some things first-hand, so to speak. When she wasn’t talking about dating, there was the totally disfunctional Velvet family, featuring Gloom and Doom. The DC Cops were always a welcome break from an overdose of sex and drinking. I really miss this one, which took just an avatar to put a smile on my face.

Now I will quit citing others and return to my life, which is currently racing toward May 3 at breakneck speed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

That's what I like about the blog world, the variety. I think Velvet should do another kind of blog. Maybe she will.

7:37 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

Much too kind...
"Velvet even sent me one of her toys so I could experience some things first-hand"...
Now THATS Entertainment!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Steve's so great! I met him here where he was apologizing for a comment he made to you and was re-starting his blog. I thought it was neat that you didn't hold that against him, (whatever the comment said)and continued to read his. I was curious so went to read his too and have ever since.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Motley Crue say: "I had to run away high, so I wouldn't come home low."

It is probably good that I've retired. I don't think that anything going on these days would make anyone smile. Check your inbox.

But I do appreciate the kind words. More than you could ever know. Thank you.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home