Monday, January 21, 2008

In Praise of Women Over 40

I apparently missed the "60 Minutes" airing when Andy Rooney spoke about women over 40:

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all.
Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of
the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She
doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 40
doesn't want to watch the game , she doesn't sit
around whining about it. She does something she wants
to do, and it's usually more interesting. Women over
40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match
with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive
restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't
hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away
with it. Older women are generous with praise, often
undeserved. They know what it's like to be
unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You
never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is
far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women
are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off
if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You
don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
Yes, we ! praise women over 40 for a multitude of
reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal . For
every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over
40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants
making a fool of himself with some 22-year old
waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you
can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you.
Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why?
Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire
pig just to get a little sausage!

I totally agree with my friend who sent me this: Andy Rooney is so smart!

6 Comments:

Blogger media concepts said...

This is from Andy Rooney? It's probably been like 50 years since he was with a woman under 40 other than his granddaughter, so I have to take this with a grain of salt.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

He's broadcast this one before- I heard it years and years ago when I still had a TV (and was closer to 40 than I am now). I agreed with it then, I agree with it now.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

MC -- All I can say is I found myself going CHECK with each observation he listed. Somewhere along the line some woman over 40 educated him!

Pauline -- It's no wonder I didn't hear it because I never watch TV. But then I realize I do miss out on some things that are worth watching or at least put a smile on your face, as my friend who sent it said.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Ain't it the truth? It is liberating and empowering to be our age!

11:17 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

Man, this is great! I can get some mileage out of this.
I like the way women over 40 look...that is to say ...i like the look in their eyes.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Ruth L.~ said...

Love it. Soooo true. Why do we wait so long to get strong?

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home