Saturday, April 05, 2008

Technical Difficulties auf Deutschland

I am sitting in a smoky Internet cafe that has a weird keyboard and will not let me look at my mail. We arrived in Berlin without much of a bump. But it has been a VERY LONG sleep-deprived day. My husband's new light-weight Apple refuses to connect to the Internet, so I can't share more than a few thoughts.

We actually managed to run into our son as we were all looking for the same meeting spot. It was such an odd feeling seeing someone that I knew so well on such a foreign sidewalk.

The most heart-warming scene today was seeing people walk freely in both directions through the Brandenburg Gate, including an Indonesian wedding party.

As for food, the absolute best of the day was curry wurst and fries with yummy mayonnaise in an outdoor cafe on Unter den Linden.

Out rented apartment is in what was East Berlin a stone's throw from where the wall used to stand.

We now own a cute little phone that will take a card from most any country. Total cost 30 Euros.

Unless connections improve, you will have to take whatever dribbles I can throw out from places like this.

Sleep beckons. Berlin will improve dramatically if it would just stop raining and let us feel the warmth of the sun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Technical difficulties do seem a part of travel these days. I have such trouble with the keyboards! I've never been to Berlin, but after seeing "Goodbye, Lenin" I'd really like to go.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

You need chocolate!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Get caught up on sleep and then hope you find some good coffee!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home