Saturday, May 24, 2008

At Sea

I find it somewhat amazing that we an sit here in the middle of the Adriatic on a moving cruiseship logged onto the Internet. We tore ourselves away from pretty Venice to begin a week-long trip that will ultimately take us to Dubrovnik, Santorini, Corfu, and Ephesus.

Our last morning in Venice saw the sun shining brightly as we rejoined our traveling companions to explore the Rialto markets in search of Murano beads. We found every color and shape of bead imaginable and marveled at the other window displays of beautiful yarns, leather gloves, and amazing fashion.

Then it came time to cram everything back in my way-too-heavy suitcase. As I looked for pounds to shed, I decided Rick Steves’ Venice 2008 would be a nice gift to someone just arriving in Venice.

So a random act of kindness put it in the hands of a beautiful young woman, who then helped me hoist my suitcase off the vaporetto.

At the high cost of wi-fi on this ship, I may never get to post another photo.

I’ve got to get some sleep to be up early for the gym and a yoga class before we dock in Dubrovnik. I may need the last two weeks to rest up from the demanding schedule of this cruise. But meanwhile I’m succumbing to the temptation of way too much good food and way too little time to take advantage of a smorgasbord of activities.

Let the sun keep shining!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you're back! It's great to catch up with your doings and see some of your pictures. They're terrific. You only made reference to all the food on the ship today, no specifics as in Rome, but it's fun to just get our own little tastes of your trip. Enjoy enjoy...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Yes, it's been great to backtrack and see all of the nice photographs. Just how much is wi-fi on a boat, anyhoo?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LR -- KC has been saving all her points for dinner. Maybe tomorrow I will describe our gourmet dinner (the first formal one where no one has the proper attire except the Brit at our table with the tux).

Cube -- I'm on the clock at $.40 a minute. Yikes!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home