Monday, May 05, 2008

Completely Unremarkable

I was tagged by Kristin of Candy Sandwich to tell 6 unremarkable quirks about myself. I’m very quirky so that shouldn’t be too hard.

1. I’m actually crazy about keeping the bills in my wallet in order and all facing the same direction. People look at me oddly as I put my money away at an ATM (that is, when I don’t drop it first).

2. Until I married my husband, I had a long-standing record of seeing my ex-boyfriends marry the next girl they dated. I was really getting a complex about this until I married one before he could complete the ritual.

3. I hate coats. I grew up in sunny Florida where a coat was always optional and seldom really needed. I hate umbrellas almost as much. I hate weather that compels me to use a coat or an umbrella.

4. From the time I was 3 years old, I could tie a ribbon around one wrist with the other hand – either wrist. I’m not physically dextrous, but I do have manual dexterity.

5. I’m somewhat of a technophobe despite having had a career in computer programming. I always had to explain to my children that knowing how to write efficient code was not the same as operating a machine of any kind.

6. Despite the fact that I grew up in Florida, I still have a fear of deep water instilled over many formative years by my mother who was terrified of drowning. One would think I inherited that gene, but I think it was just conditioning that left me of a similar mind. I can swim, but badly, and every year I resolve to take swimming lessons so I can confidently swim in water over my head without panicking.

Here are the rules for this meme:

1. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
2. Link the person who tagged you.
3. Mention the rules in your Blog.
4. Tag six following Bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged Blogger’s Blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I would like to know more about the unremarkable quirks of:

Lettuce-Eating
Steve
Shadows and Light
Gewels
Pauline
Media Concepts

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I've had the same sort of trend with exboyfriends. I call myself the fluffer for commitment.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kristin -- Great term! I've been wondering what that phenomenon was called. :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger media concepts said...

Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately, one of my quirks is that I don't do memes. All due respect to the meme lovers, I just think they're dumb. I also don't do those email chain letters that I'm supposed to send to 6 more people in order to receive treasures and eternal bliss. I know, total buzzkill, right? But I think anyone who reads a blogger's posts regularly will learn all the important meme stuff anyway, especially the person's quirks!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

MC -- I'm usually a similar spoilsport, but this one seemed a little more interesting to write, as well as to read. You're right, I could probably list a few of your quirks after reading your Blog for a while now.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

I'll take up the challenge as soon as I narrow my quirks to 6 ;)

I'm terrified of drowning too but that didn't stop any of my kids from becoming accomplished swimmers. My grandchildren think it odd indeed that I cannot swim.

6:46 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hmmm, now I did no.1 with my american ("monopoly") money though i don't do it at home. a security thing maybe?

i don't usually do memes either - but might do this one, esp. as its you.
;o)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Thanks for the tag! I don't mind participating in memes, but I don't pass them on. So I'll get to this one in a day or two, as soon as I can wrap my brain around it.

(Fact one: My brain is not very flexible, physically.) :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- I too made sure my children could swim well at an early age!

Lettuce, Steve -- Who in the world likes doing memes? Someone must because they keep showing up. I will totally understand if you think of more interesting things to write about!

10:17 AM  
Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

fun to read about your quirks....I do the same thing with paper currency! lettuce probably doesn't do it at home (in the uk) because england, like most countries, has the practical sense to make paper currency different colors and different sizes so the ordering isn't quite as important....

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home