Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Going Down the Road

Today started off so gray and foggy that we could not even see the line separating water from sky. But we took a chance on the fog burning away and hopped on a bus to Positano, the next town up the coast.

We knew it was a holiday, but were unaware that it was the equivalent of our 4th of July. So the bus ride that normally takes about 20 minutes took over an hour.

We would probably have gotten there much quicker on a scooter, the favorite mode of transportation here.

What do you do in Positano? Go to the beach, eat, and shop for expensive clothes. We walked along the beach, but given the start to the day were unprepared to swim. We did eat first class pizza and Neapolitan zucchini. And I found a beautiful white blouse for 75 Euros that I just couldn’t justify.






You can’t imagine how many Italians can cram onto a bus. I could almost feel the bus groaning as it started to climb up the mountain for the trip home.

What a lovely view of Praiano as we once again reached our home away from home.

Tonight’s dinner will be a big salad of lettuce from our garden, tomatoes, an avocado, olives, and marinated mushrooms and artichokes. And of course Italian bread and local wine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

Yum!

I don't blame you on the 75-Euro thing. That seems a little steep, owing to our lovely devalued dollar.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ulysses said...

Tonight, I'm having a big salad with lettuce from the garden, and fresh peas, a few Nasturtium for interest and zest. And strawberries from the garden as part of the dessert.

See, Italy is just like here (maybe if I say it like a mantra...), so you're not missing anything.

2:39 PM  
Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

it's always surprising to discover a holiday when one is on holiday!!

can't imagine ever spending 75 euro on a shirt - no matter how beautiful! but then when it comes to clothes I've hardly a fashionista!

pizza - we've been off our routine of late...I'm thinking maybe tonight even if it's not saturday. with the forecast for a major warm up, I doubt if I'll be wanting to make pizza on saturday. today it's cool and rainy...good pizza weather. I'll just close my eyes and pretend I'm in positano with you and d!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home