Sunday, December 06, 2009

Retired without Being Called into Combat


As part of a day of just catching up on things, I finally disposed of the ancient fire extinguisher recently discovered lurking in a kitchen cabinet.  Not knowing what to do with it, I left it for the experts to figure out.

I just noted the tag that said I could get it recharged by returning it to Amway.  I wonder if they would have really made good on something over 30 years old?



There was no one in evidence at the local volunteer fire department.  So I just left it for the next person to go through the front door.

This way I don’t have to feel guilty about burying it in my trash can.  No one ever mentioned how to properly dispose of a fire extinguisher that had (fortunately) never been called into action but was well past its prime.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

Wow, that thing is a relic. Does Amway still even exist anymore? I guess the firemen will know what to do with it.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Cyndy -- I wondered the same thing about Amway, given the last Amway salesperson I knew was my mother who has been deceased for almost 20 years. This article indicates the company is still making money (and dragging in unsuspecting salespeople). I seriously wonder if they would have made good on recharging this old thing!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

I've known a few folks who thought that Amway was their ticket to wealth. Insufferable...and ultimately broke.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home